Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Pretzel Crusted Chicken -- YUM

My USB cable is MIA so hold tight for a minute! :)

I mad this pretzel crusted chicken the other night.  Josh wanted chicken fingers.  So I found this.  He declared them the best chicken fingers he’s ever had.  {Sorry again for no pictures….but seriously it’s yummy!}
Pretzel crusted chicken
Prep: 15 min
Bake 25 min
Serves 4
 Cost per serving: $1.79
2 c. pretzel twists (about 3 oz)
½ c parmesan
½ c all purpose flour
¼ tsp pepper
2 large eggs
1 lb boneless chicken cut into strips

1.       Preheat oven to 400.  Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.  Place pretzels and parmesan in a food processor and process until coarsely ground and well mixed (or do as I did and put in a Ziploc bag and use a rolling pin!)Transfer to a large bowl.
2.       Combine flour and pepper in another bowl.
3.       Beat eggs with 1 tsp water in a third bowl. 
4.       Roll a chicken piece in flour.  Dip in egg.  Roll in pretzels.  Place on baking sheet.  Repeat. Cook until browned about 20 – 25 minutes.
355 calories, 8 g fat, 182 mg chol, 1 g fiber, 37 g pro, 30 g carb

1 comment:

  1. New Follower from MBC, please follow back
    http://sewhappysewcrafty.blogspot.com

    This recipe sounds so yummy my little man wants to try this one out so i might just have to grab this one and try it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Talk to me - I'll talk back! In a good way...