Monday, December 27, 2010

Millionaire Mommy - Guess how we saved over $1300 ... it's kind of crazy







Pizza. Yes ma'am (or sir..) Pizza.  Pizza is Joshua's favorite food.  Ever. So, if he is a good eater Monday - Thursday (meaning tries even the smallest bite of veggies that really shouldn't even count as a bite but hey it's progress) then we have pizza on Friday night.  Every Friday.  That's 52 times a year.  That's a lot of pizza.
We used to order our pizza from Papa Johns. I like their pizza.  Yum.  But I didn't like the fact that after tip for the delivery guy it was almost $30 for 2 pizzas!  $30 X 4 times a month = $120 ... for pizza!
So we make our own.  For $2 a pizza. Oh yea.  You heard me.  $2 a pizza.  And the sauce -- pure veggies. (I'm posting the recipe tomorrow) And so good.  And you make one batch - freeze it (I freeze it in ice cube trays, pop them out and throw in a ziploc bag.  That way I don't have to un-thaw it and refreeze the left overs.)

So saving $26 a week gives us....$1352 over a year.  ON PIZZA!  I told you.  Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Talk to me - I'll talk back! In a good way...